johnpa

Lost a friend today

For you old timers, Ken Mayes passed away this morning. He was battling cancer. Ken used to go on many trips with you and was always fun to have around. Ken's first trip down black bear pass was a success and he even threw up when he got down. Rest in peace my friend 

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 2

Amen, we sure missed Ken after he moved to Florida but it was a good move for him.  Our prayers go out to his family and friends.  Rest in Peace good Buddy.

• Like 4

Aww, that's sad news! I knew he was sick but I thought he'd gotten the upper hand. That's too bad, he was quite a character and a lot of fun. RIP Ken.

• Like 3

Ken was a nice guy. RIP friend.

• Like 4

Ken was certianly a fun guy to have on a trip.  the antics between he and Al were always a hoot to witness.   Add in John Pa to the mix and they kept us all in stitches.   It hasn't been the same since his move, but it was what was best for him and his family...    RIP Ken...  😥

Prayers for the family, and friends...  🙏

• Like 2
  • Love 1

RIP Ken

• Like 1

Going to miss ya buddy! We certainly had good times, I'll always remember our jeep trips

up to CO, among others. So many stories.   RIP Ken....

• Like 3

I will always remember our camping trip to Swansea when Ken and Al exposed their true radically funny personalities.   BBBAAAA....

That's when we found out that the three of us all worked for the same employer....That following Monday, my secretary came into my office with a surprised look on her face - there were 2 bus drivers here to see me.  What a pair Ken and Al were!

It was hard to see Ken move to Florida, but we all knew it was good for him to be with family.  (I think he moved to the Northeast first)

Ken fought the cancer shit....gave it a good fight.  My heart to Al and JohnPa, as he was such a dear friend to them.  Prayers for Ken's family and friends.

God Bless you Ken.

smiles, ladybug

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Ladybug  Remembering the Kofa trip where they were doing the sheep jokes.  Hilarious!!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Curly said:

@Ladybug  Remembering the Kofa trip where they were doing the sheep jokes.  Hilarious!!

BBBAAAA!!!!   for sure!

smiles, ladybug