Bradywgn71

2024 Hole in the Rock, UT Photos

I agree...that trail looks more gnarly than when we were there too.

What a bunch of troopers you guys are!  And Way To Go Kris....perfect directions on a rainy wet day.  Glad you were wearing soled shoes!

smiles, ladybug

• Like 3

I quickly put together a short video of some highlights from our drone's perspective plus a few handheld camera moments. This was such an EPIC trip that we will talk about for years to come. I plan to do a full trip report video down the road, whenever work finally eases up.

Hope you enjoy this short video. Thank you, @theksmith and @4x4tographer, for keeping us safe and everyone for making this such an amazing trip!

It is in 4K HD if you want to watch on the big TV! 😎

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I forgot to mention how impressed I am with the radio's y'all are using, and how Kristoffer was able to spot talking into a handheld. What a great set up, regardless of rain, but especially in the rain! While watching Ry's video I could hear K over his radio, meaning everyone could hear him over their radios, and it dawned on me that everybody had a pretty clear idea of what they were going to do to get lined up on the obstacle, before they even got to the obstacle. Oh the wonders of modern technology.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@J2DXPLR awesome video you guys. The drone footage is amazing!!! I enjoyed that you captured the utter vastness of the area.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

absolutely excellent videos @4x4tographer and @J2DXPLR - thank you for sharing!

Jacq, i really like that handheld perspective as you looked toward the edge while walking over the little washout area that has been repaired. 

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, dzJeepChic said:

I forgot to mention how impressed I am with the radio's y'all are using, and how Kristoffer was able to spot talking into a handheld. What a great set up, regardless of rain, but especially in the rain! While watching Ry's video I could hear K over his radio, meaning everyone could hear him over their radios, and it dawned on me that everybody had a pretty clear idea of what they were going to do to get lined up on the obstacle, before they even got to the obstacle. Oh the wonders of modern technology.

We's high tech 'round these parts! 😁 It sure is nice with these little handhelds. They held-up pretty well in the rain too!

That reminds me - @theksmith I determined that the battery died on the unit I gave you - It was totally dead until I charged it up - though I had fully charged them prior to departure - I might have to replace the pack in the future - they're a little long in tooth. 

19 hours ago, J2DXPLR said:

I quickly put together a short video of some highlights from our drone's perspective plus a few handheld camera moments. This was such an EPIC trip that we will talk about for years to come. I plan to do a full trip report video down the road, whenever work finally eases up.

Hope you enjoy this short video. Thank you, @theksmith and @4x4tographer, for keeping us safe and everyone for making this such an amazing trip!

It is in 4K HD if you want to watch on the big TV! 😎

Jacq you've really outdone yourself with this video - I love it!

Really great camera work and the sound track is.....

giphy.gif

The thumbnail for the video it epic in and of itself. Love that massive waterfall just below our "shelter in place" camp 😳

10 hours ago, theksmith said:

Jacq, i really like that handheld perspective as you looked toward the edge while walking over the little washout area that has been repaired. 

100% this 👆. That shot really put that obstacle into perspective and the repair. I was wondering how "deep" they drove that rebar into the cliff to stack up all of those boulders/dirt. As she panned the camera by you can really tell how far of a drop it was to the bottom. 

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

wow, Huge miss for me, but on top of my taking care of the wife I was assigned a new project, so would not make it regardless. Hopefully next year.

• Like 3

Wonderful pics & videos shared of this amazing experience.    Looking foirwar4d to getting back there again someday...   Thanks for sharing the pics & video's to all...   Well Done...

• Like 2