4x4 parts 1.5 Rear lift Shackles

4x4 parts Steering Stabilizer

4x4 parts HD TRA's

Front/Rear Diff Fluid Changed to Royal Purple at 54,300 miles

Brakes:

HAWK LTS Front Pads

ATE Dot 4 Gold brake Fluid

Purchased 4/6/2009 with 36,639 miles

My first pics of the truck. Spent 4 hours cleaning and waxing the truck to get some shiny pics. Prolly wont ever be this clean again HA!

835065548_mJAjX-L.jpg

835066192_3zjTh-L.jpg

835066054_ZKq85-L.jpg

First addition to the truck was new tires. The Dueler Revo Tires that were on the truck when I bought were old worn and cracking. So after weeks of searching around, and being unable to get Duratrac's in the size I wanted in the time I needed..

I went with the GY Wrangler Authority A/T

Its a tire only sold at Wal-Mart which is typically a con but for some reason with this tire they offer a full road hazard warrenty so until the tires are worn to 5/32 I get full repair or replacement. Crazy right on an off-road tire.

265/75/16 and they JUST fit stock, at full lock there was a little rub tho. As for a review, the tires are perfect for what I need. After the first 5 thousand miles they are wearing very evenly, are a bit louder than I would have liked, but its nothing unreasonable.

At the time of the new tires, I decided I wanted 16 in wheels instead of the 17's. Fortunately for me, I bought the truck with the OEM SVE package wheels, along with the Xterra S/C Wheels. I sold the 17's to help cover some cost of new rubber and walla.. this is how the truck looked from the factory, minus the 32 in wheels haha.

835064741_v7ZmC-L.jpg

835064970_kF48Q-L.jpg

835064869_RYK2H-L.jpg

Expo/4x4 Gear

Recovery:

48' Hi-lift w/Base

Hi-lift winch kit

ARB 17,500 lb 2 3/8 Snatch Strap

2 Pro Comp 3-hole tow hooks up front

2 Black Rat 4.7 Ton Shackles

ARB Puncture Repair Kit

Kit/Sleeping Gear:

Leer Camper Shell (Not yet pictured)

Sportz truck bed tent w/ custom fit air mattress

Edgestar 45 qt Fridge

Misc. Gear from Overland/Camping Trips

2 Kolpin 4 Gal Fuel Packs

2 5.5 Gallon Relliance Water containers

PETT Toilet system

Pop up Privy Tent

ABC Fire Extinguisher

Future plans include (but are not limited to)

CB Radio

Skids

3 in Suspension Lift w/AAL

RTT + Rack for over the bed

IBS Dual Battery System

Cargo Storage with drawers for the bed

Fridge Mount with rear seats removed for trips

Hot water system

OBA System

Now that I had the tires, I was ready to take it off road.

Frank Rhaines OHV Park - Patterson, Ca

846878529_KcKjs-L.jpg846873097_ZCj8b-L.jpg

846882710_rAaQp-L.jpg

Flex is not that bad for stock.. I have yet to decide if I want to remove sway bars..

846884579_x756b-L.jpg846884825_WF7YV-L.jpg

846888169_Dx9aA-L.jpg

846889527_QEox7-L.jpg

After the first off road trip I was hooked. Had a blast!

Came home ordered some rear shackles, and cranked the front TB's to get 2 inches of total lift.

844929900_rtJXP-L.jpg

After the lift I was ready for some more trails/off-road. Went to Hollister hills park in Hollister, Ca

857951901_a38Xr-L.jpg

857954951_fyAk5-L.jpg

857955712_gKNwq-L.jpg

Tis trail I will never forget. it tightened up a bit and the angle increased. I never thought my 4 door long bed would be at a disadvantage. However, when the rear end started sliding out, I realized the longer wheel base, and lightness of the rear was something I would have to learn to control.

857957125_i5YwP-L.jpg

857959449_g7j4s-L.jpg

Another lesson in Long Bed truck 4wd haha dont drive straight over a hill.. The exhaust hangs low enough to scrape.

857965065_gAQKw-L.jpg

Nice write up and pictures of your truck! I like it that you're taking it out and enjoying it. A lot of vehicles never get to live up to their potential. You're going to love the Mojave Trip [my fingers are crossed it's not too cold and/or windy]. Thanks for posting - great job. d :rolleyes:

It most certainly does. I was looking at the Yakima Loadwarrior, but the dimensions dont work. Its 39 inches wide. I would prefer to sit the basket lower, inside the factory rails.

Im looking at Just making my own and mounting it this way..

Rear-final.jpg

It most certainly does. I was looking at the Yakima Loadwarrior, but the dimensions dont work. Its 39 inches wide. I would prefer to sit the basket lower, inside the factory rails.

Im looking at Just making my own and mounting it this way..

Rear-final.jpg

I was just talking to someone earlier about designing something just like this for the Xterra, there was a guy that showed up at goneMOAB this year that had this set up on his 2nd Gen Xterra and the idea makes a lot of sense.

if you really want a shirt...

this: http://theteefactory.com

+

Black full size: [file removed]

White full size: [file removed]

i actually just ordered one of the "100% Cotton Pigment-Dyed Tee's" in dark grey with a white print like the mockup i did in my thread - shipping was only $1.50

;)

there's also http://www.zazzle.com and i'm sure tons more places that will do a no-minimum order

Nice write up and pictures of your truck! I like it that you're taking it out and enjoying it. A lot of vehicles never get to live up to their potential. You're going to love the Mojave Trip [my fingers are crossed it's not too cold and/or windy]. Thanks for posting - great job. d :rolleyes:

Sorry I missed this post. Thanks a lot, yea its my first 4wd truck.. I was into lowered chevy's before.. but getting out and exploring has totally taking over!

I AM SO EXCITED for the Mojave trip.. its my first "expedition" type drive. Everything I have driven so far is in parks, and or trails so far. Not to mention its with a large group, so that should be cool.

@ ksmith - thx for that pic, I will check the website tomorrow, maybe pick up a shirt!