Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

overheat, did i blow my 4.7L engine?

If you need an extra set of hands, let me know and I will get over there .....

Hey K, give me a call when you get a chance. I will help. George:cool::D

I wish I was there. I have told Chris many times that I can take anything apart. Putting it back together though is a whole different world. Bummer K, Ask me about overheating a Chevy the next time I see you.

Good luck on the reman engine.

good luck......let me know if you need any help.....

thank you all for the offers to help - i appreciate the support! we'll see how it goes and i'll let you know what i need.

i was planning to just take a little apart each night starting tonight, but Aimee's been sick all weekend and now i've gotten it and so i'm just relaxing tonight reading up on the manual for now as i feel like crap.

Dang Kris, sorry to hear this. Was any of this a result of when the radiator plug came out at Lake Pleasant or something else cause it? If u need to, u can borrow the Libby after this Saturday to gvet u around.

thanks again to everyone that has called or offered help online, it makes me feel like we've got a great community here!

i'm probably going to take most stuff off this weekend. i think it's better if one person take everything apart so i know where it all goes back, could become a cluster if too many hands in there. then next week when the new engine comes, i'll call George and maybe need another guy to help actually remove the old and put in the new.

I have a cherry picker if you want to borrow it. Let me know.