Sign in to follow this  
klaykrusher

Vulture Mountain Trail

Went and spent a few hours on the Vulture Mountain Trail (I think that's what it's called) today. I really enjoyed it. Great scenery, rolling trails, mines you can check out. There are so many side trails though that I do recommend having a GPS and the track for the trail. I tried it last weekend and was not able to find my way through the whole trail. Even today I ended up a little askew. :D

I took a turn about 50 feet short of where the correct turn was. Ended up at a dead end in a wash. Kewl looking rock formations, but I keep hearing buzzing going on. Figured it was just a couple bees, ya right....Anyone up for fresh honey? :eek:

P1020563.JPG

So I slowly (with a purpose) made my way out of there. :rolleyes:

Of course had to check out a little flex:

P1020532.JPG

Did I say I like the scenery: :)

P1020541.JPG

Wolf Mine:

P1020516.JPG

Think I'll spend some more time out there. Like I said a lot of side trails, areas to camp, probably take the ATV there also. Just need to find a recommended eatery in Wickenburg and I'll be all set.

I know there are a lot more trails out there. Maybe we'll setup a day run, trail in the morning, have lunch then hit another trail in the afternoon. OB1, feel like guiding us? ;)

More pics:

Vulture Mountain Trial

I spent the day playing with my new toy... Will post up on that one in a minute... As for leading a trail ride, I might be able to do that, depending on what and when you have in mind...:P;)

As for Wickenburg eateries;

- for one of the best Burgers this side of the Mississippi, I would recommend Screamers on West Wickenburg Way (US60).

- for some of the best Pizza and subs you will find anywhere, I would suggest Sundance Pizza and Tastee Freeze, ~ 1/4 mi East of the Hassayampa River Bridge on US 60/89/SR 93. They also serve KILLER Lasagna and Carne Asada Burrito's...:D

- if it's Mexican food you are hankering, try either Anita's Cocina in downtown Wickenburg... -OR-

- the El Ranchero, Approx 1/4 mile east of the Ford Dealer on West Wickenburg Way (US60)

- For a small-town country-style steak house, there is Charlies, just west of Screamers on West Wickenburg Way (US60)

- For a "country" style breakfast served up by a true western "cowboy" family, I would recommend the Cowboy Cafe, on the corner of Tegner and West Wickenburg Way (on the SE corner of the stoplight intersection in downtown) owned and operated by the Custer family (The owner, Jim-Bob is a former World champion Bull rider)...

- and of course we have the usual collection of the cardboard tasting fast food dumps, as well as a Dennys, Country Kitchen, Subway, etc...

HTH...;)

yeah, we need to explore more wickenburg area, scott still owes us a lead on Box Canyon of the Hassayampa i think it was, or some trail up there ;)

yeah, we need to explore more wickenburg area, scott still owes us a lead on Box Canyon of the Hassayampa i think it was, or some trail up there ;)
The Box canyon of the Hassayampa is a GREAT place to visit in summertime as the walls are high (well shaded) AND there is a continuous flow of water (good evaporation cooling)... Local's set up volleyball nets, etc. in the canyon during the summer weekends...:D:cool:;)

Couple short trails in or close by are also decent to play on, but best done other than summertime...;)

Went and spent a few hours on the Vulture Mountain Trail (I think that's what it's called) today. I really enjoyed it. Great scenery, rolling trails, mines you can check out. There are so many side trails though that I do recommend having a GPS and the track for the trail. I tried it last weekend and was not able to find my way through the whole trail. Even today I ended up a little askew. :D

George and I took our quads out West of the Hassayampa and south of Wickenburg years ago, and like you I think we were on Vulcher Mine Trail, not sure. Didn't have GPS on our quads, and boy are there a lot of turns out there! Plus there were a lot of old mining claims to see. We weren't able to find our way through the whole trail either, though I don't know where we mis-turned.

I'd love to go back out there to explore! It is a beautiful area and there are tons of trails. While the weather's mild let's do it!

d :rolleyes: