Sign in to follow this  
klaykrusher

Best Inexpensive Vehicle Mods

I'd like to hear and see some of the best inexpensive mods you've done to your rides. Doesn't have to be Jeep specific. Just stuff that has made life more pleasurable since you did it. Hopefully folks can add these to their ToDo lists. It maybe a cool light hookup, homebrewed storage system, convenient bottle opener, tail gate tray (George :P), etc.

For me so far is the locker by-pass on my Rubi. Best 15 bucks in parts I have spent. I enjoy being able to select front or rear independent of the other when I want and to be able to use them in 4-Hi if the need arises.

What say you?

Mazda 323 bucket seats retro-fitted to my '92 XJ. $40 for the pair at Pic-A-Part in Mesa and some genius, mind-boggling fab work by George. (I won't lie, one day I came home and he was close to weeping). They slide WAY forward, and fold WAY forward allowing me AND TheBigGuy to stretch out comfortably & sleep in there. That's why I wanted an XJ in the 1st place. d :rolleyes:

I changed my front axle U-Joints the other day. I had a very hard time pounding them out of the short shafts so I just cut them out. I almost threw them out, but then I realized these would make a great tool for pounding out U-Joints instead of using sockets or extentions and ruining them. So these are going in my tool bag.

DSCN6839.JPG

George

:cool:

nice G!

a few of my cheap mods:

steering stabilizer relocate: http://www.offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=265&postcount=38

CIMG0958.JPG

lockable hi-lift mount for factory roof rack: http://www.offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=284&postcount=57

P1020175.JPG

and of course the ez-oven: http://www.offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8252&postcount=280

P1110128.JPG

this was a great idea for a thread - let's see some more stuff guys!

Click on my Avatar to see my winch hider [it's held on to the fairlead with maglight clips] and my hidden pullpal and Kolpin tank.

grand cherokee (WJ) rear seat mod, lets you remove teh lowers and gives you a bit more storage.

DSCN0009-4.jpg

George, that is a good idea but, the metal used in a u-joint may be too brittle. If that is the case, watch for pieces becoming flying projcetiles.

Mikey

I changed my front axle U-Joints the other day. I had a very hard time pounding them out of the short shafts so I just cut them out. I almost threw them out, but then I realized these would make a great tool for pounding out U-Joints instead of using sockets or extentions and ruining them. So these are going in my tool bag.

DSCN6839.JPG

George

:cool:

George, that is a good idea but, the metal used in a u-joint may be too brittle. If that is the case, watch for pieces becoming flying projcetiles.

Mikey

Thanks for the heads up Mike. So far this is the best working tool that I have used for removing u-joints. George:cool: