theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

My weekend was filled with PM maintenance on the new xj.

This included: LOF, new spark plugs, changed the diff fluids, radiator flush, (who was the genius that designed the drain plug on the 2000 Cherokee radiator:mad:, really!!! behind the turn signal really!!!) new upper heater hose, fixed the window lock on the driver door switch panel. got new tires (finally took off the 20" rims). Busy weekend glad it is over:D!

Hey In-a-Rut, isnt PM maintanence redundant? that would be preventative maintenance maintenance! :D:D:D:D:D

Just messin with ya. in the IT world its like saying NIC card "network Interface card card.

Been there on the massive PM's Its a paint but needs to be done.

My weekend was filled with PM maintenance on the new xj.

This included: LOF, new spark plugs, changed the diff fluids, radiator flush, (who was the genius that designed the drain plug on the 2000 Cherokee radiator:mad:, really!!! behind the turn signal really!!!) new upper heater hose, fixed the window lock on the driver door switch panel. got new tires (finally took off the 20" rims). Busy weekend glad it is over:D!

no - not the 20's!!

took everything out of it and got it washed, beat some of the Utah dust out of the air filter, and washed the air compressor's filter.

Cleaned up the Amsteel syn winchline I picked up. Anyone know if they is anything I should do before installing it, other than cleaning it out good, since it was previously used? I heard something about UV spray, but cant find any info.

Cleaned up the Amsteel syn winchline I picked up. Anyone know if they is anything I should do before installing it, other than cleaning it out good, since it was previously used? I heard something about UV spray, but cant find any info.

I never heard of uv spray. The line should not be exposed to sun light so get a winch cover and the also they sell a rope cover for about the first five feet of line. George:cool:

I got 20 feet of chafe guard. 10 for by hook and 10 floating on the line for where needed. The winch came with a cover so I will start running that once I swap the line in. Thanks

I got 20 feet of chafe guard. 10 for by hook and 10 floating on the line for where needed. The winch came with a cover so I will start running that once I swap the line in. Thanks

according to the manufacturer: "Amsteel Blue has a proprietary urethane-based coating, factory-applied, to help it resist UV radiation." so you've already got that going for you. i would think that it could wear off somewhat as time goes by, but using a chafe guard will help prevent that.

most importantly, having a chafe-guard on enough of the line that when it's wrapped up, only the guard shows will in-effect cover the other layers and prevent UV from reaching them much.