theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

Finally got some LEDs

F00E1F78-97CA-4835-8E6C-E2DAA68262B5_zps1gz6pbdx.jpg

High beams

33285919-59D5-4336-9265-0490CFC45624_zpspwwriy8s.jpg

High beams with LEDs

7080EAC3-2FD2-40F2-A845-DA323A45C355_zpschk89tmg.jpg

Just can't believe how much light comes out of a small light.

Looking good! Whats the lumen output on those? Looks great!

Took the Jeep in for tire balance today. On the left rear wheel, the guy doing the job started the lug nuts on but did not tighten down. At 65 mph on I-10 the Jeep shuddered and I immediately pulled to the shoulder. As I was stopping the left rear dropped and the tire rolled past my door. Jumped out to stop it from going into traffic. The tire store sent a wrecker, then they replaced rotor, studs and wheel which had been chewed up by the lug nuts. The tire knocked the fender loose but no damage and they are replacing the license plate holder. Interesting day and amazingly I kept my cool

Took the Jeep in for tire balance today. On the left rear wheel, the guy doing the job started the lug nuts on but did not tighten down. At 65 mph on I-10 the Jeep shuddered and I immediately pulled to the shoulder. As I was stopping the left rear dropped and the tire rolled past my door. Jumped out to stop it from going into traffic. The tire store sent a wrecker, then they replaced rotor, studs and wheel which had been chewed up by the lug nuts. The tire knocked the fender loose but no damage and they are replacing the license plate holder. Interesting day and amazingly I kept my cool

Holy Cow! Dang, good thing you stopped immediately and that you lived to tell the tale. Glad they took care of the Jeep, now you might need an adult beverage or three!

Holy crap that scary! Glad you're okay. Mind sharing what tire shop that was? Thats a serious issue....

Glad to hear you were not hurt & that they are taking care of the problems caused by their error. Mistakes are a human flaw. I'm betting they wont be making that mistake again anytime soon. :P

Picked up a project trailer for camping and long trips.

11044614_10203961122684585_6471720340535527707_n_zpsrrtjywfh.jpg

Not the best photo I know. I will probably start a build thread on it soon.

Looking good! Whats the lumen output on those? Looks great!

Not at home look at the box but think it was 750(x4)a light I believe, but for $35 a pair not to bad.

Holy crap that scary! Glad you're okay. Mind sharing what tire shop that was? Thats a serious issue....

It was at S&S Tire on Dysart RD. They hire students from local mechanic school to do the rotations/balancing of tires. It appears the young man that erred is no longer there. One of the guys that has worked there for about 15 years said it is the first time this has happened there. They have always done a good job for me and I will return there again except I will at least look to see if the lug nuts are screwed down.

Just happy I was able to get the Jeep almost stopped before the tire came off and the main thing was that no one got hurt and no other vehicles involved.

Glad everything turned out ok Roy. Wow!

Glad you are ok. That's why I always ask to watch them torque my lugs down now just hit them with an impact gun.