theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

I agree, big difference!

I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. I cut the front ones with my cutoff saw, and it generated a lot of heat and made a big mess. The rear ones I cut with a razor knife, and took my time. The razor knife method required a lot less touch up, filing/sanding the edge. The reason I did this was to be able to steer under full flex in the front. The old flares wouldn't allow my front tires to turn under full flex without rubbing a lot. I especially like that the oem flares cost me $50 on craigslist, so even if I would have messed them up, not a big deal.

Looks good, I dig those wheels too. I had them on my old Tj.

I finally got around to adding some 3/4" spacers infront and first handwash of the year. Starting to warm up around here.

20150330_165622.thumb.jpg.6caa56eeff0a63e30c1f8eb9f19243c1.jpg

Finished fab work up on this today.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2647&stc=1&d=1428644630

image.thumb.jpg.dbd9b592347dd856d83852e630cee58e.jpg

Fancy!

yeah shiney! is that your OEM 30 all beefed up or did you get something else, can't remember...

It's still a D30, but not the one out of my jeep. I picked up the front and rear out of a 99. Slightly better gearing with the 3.73 as compared to the 3.55's I have now and now I will have the 44a in the rear instead of the 35. Not a huge improvement swapping them out but I doubt the 4.0 will blow up the 44.

It's still a D30, but not the one out of my jeep. I picked up the front and rear out of a 99. Slightly better gearing with the 3.73 as compared to the 3.55's I have now and now I will have the 44a in the rear instead of the 35. Not a huge improvement swapping them out but I doubt the 4.0 will blow up the 44.

44 should be good, only problem i had with it was bending at the outer bearings when fully loaded for trips and doing a little too much speed over stuff. all that work on the 30 should keep it good too, but if it's locked i'd still carry spare front shafts.

can't tell from the pic if you already did this, but you might want to plate the track-bar mount if it's still factory - at least weld a grade 8 washer around the bolt hole - lots of people have had them oval out.

44 should be good, only problem i had with it was bending at the outer bearings when fully loaded for trips and doing a little too much speed over stuff. all that work on the 30 should keep it good too, but if it's locked i'd still carry spare front shafts.

can't tell from the pic if you already did this, but you might want to plate the track-bar mount if it's still factory - at least weld a grade 8 washer around the bolt hole - lots of people have had them oval out.

Im not going to lock the front yet, going to put either a Spartan or an Aussie in the rear. From everything I have read everyone says not to use the lunch style locker with the CV axles, they just wont last. Good news is that if I do break a shaft everything is new and easy to pull apart. After some more cash is saved I will be re-gearing to 4.88 and doing ARB or the Yukon Zip front and rear. As far as the track bar mount, yep I forgot that. I'll take care of that when I do the rear truss and skid.

Finished my Fender mod by putting the side marker lights on. The picture isn't too great because it was dark and the camera flash was reflected.

upload_-1.jpg