theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

ordered parts, a complete transfer case overhaul is needed

Moved it to the carport, and waiting on parts to arrive.

Started reassembly after replacing the heater core, again. Sigh.

Curly

Started reassembly after replacing the heater core, again. Sigh.

Curly

YIKES Tim… I did not check to verify, but I seem to recall you doing this just a few short years ago… :eek::(

Any thoughts on why such a short life on this core?

Just over 2 years. No one seems to carry quality parts anymore. This was a NAPA core with a 1 year warranty. Went with O'reillys and a lifetime guarantee this time. At least I won't have to pay for a new core next time. :mad:

Installed coilovers with bypasses

20150421_151501.jpg

Just over 2 years. No one seems to carry quality parts anymore. This was a NAPA core with a 1 year warranty. Went with O'reillys and a lifetime guarantee this time. At least I won't have to pay for a new core next time. :mad:
Does your heater system still have the flow restrictor in the supply line? They were put there to prevent flow rate at higher RPM's, from causing fluid flow created harmonics in the core, which can cause shortened core life… ;)

Does your heater system still have the flow restrictor in the supply line? They were put there to prevent flow rate at higher RPM's, from causing fluid flow created harmonics in the core, which can cause shortened core life… ;)

I don't think so, never seen anything like that in the original core or either of the 2 replacements. Rest of the system is plain old 5/8 and 3/4 hose. I do have a high flow pump. (flow cooler)

Ran into a snag today, brittle plastic on the A/C Heat Blend cable (at control head) cracked like an old potato chip. I've rigged a repair with JB weld and metal brackets. I hope to finish tomorrow.

curly

Installed coilovers with bypasses

20150421_151501.jpg

Nice!

I don't think so, never seen anything like that in the original core or either of the 2 replacements. Rest of the system is plain old 5/8 and 3/4 hose. I do have a high flow pump. (flow cooler)

Ran into a snag today, brittle plastic on the A/C Heat Blend cable (at control head) cracked like an old potato chip. I've rigged a repair with JB weld and metal brackets. I hope to finish tomorrow.

curly

Am doing a little checking, as my memory can be unreliable regarding which year models had the coolant flow restrictors added to the heater flow circuit… Will let you know what I find… ;)