theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

Nice!

Thanks! Just tested the truck at sycamore

Screenshot_2015-04-23-18-58-29.png

Screenshot_2015-04-23-18-59-27.png

Thanks! Just tested the truck at sycamore

High speed fun in the desert. I like it:cool:

Are you running stock springs & bumpstops out back?

High speed fun in the desert. I like it:cool:

Are you running stock springs & bumpstops out back?

Deaver long travel springs, extended bumpstops, and king 3.0 triple bypass rear shocks. Was going about 55mph through those whoops.

Been doing some things to the WJ here and there, next trip to Colorado is in July. The winch cable has always looked kinda crappy, had some rust stains on it. So I unspooled it and dipped the whole thing in a Evaporust solution. Came out really good, I'm happy with the results. Also put my 3/4" spacers infront, hard to tell but its helped level out the rake I had.

20150407_172106.thumb.jpg.6aecbc8b9cacd2136cb6dff954823a4d.jpg

20150328_162753.thumb.jpg.763fdb12473163810e57e8a4d104b3d9.jpg

Been doing some things to the WJ here and there, next trip to Colorado is in July. The winch cable has always looked kinda crappy, had some rust stains on it. So I unspooled it and dipped the whole thing in a Evaporust solution. Came out really good, I'm happy with the results. Also put my 3/4" spacers infront, hard to tell but its helped level out the rake I had.

Never heard of Evaporust. Where do you get it? WJ is looking good!

Thanks man, ya know I think I bought it direct last time but Amazon carries it now. About $25 for a gallon. I strain the rust out and pour it back in the bottle when done. Its safe, non toxic and works well. I just dumped all the screws to my pool caps in it while we changed the liner over the weekend. Works best when temps are over 65 degrees.

Finally got the typical WJ V8 exhaust manifold leak fixed (cold start tick, tick ,tick until it warmed up). Two broken studs at number 1 cylinder that happened on the way to the Rubicon Trail. I considered doing the job myself but, it would really suck to do it on my back in the garage. After putting out a Facebook notice, a friend pointed me to a guy that's only a mile away that has a nice auto repair business at his house. He works fulltime for the city garage and has this as a side business working evenings and weekends. He was really reasonable on the labor rate and only took a few days to complete the job including having the exhaust manifolds ground flat. Very happy now! New Magnaflow Y-pipe/cats, O2 sensors, and gaskets.

My ultimate security system was making noise so I changed out the Pivot Ball cup and the noise went away. For those of you wondering what type of security system I have it is called a manual transmission. :)

P5090001_zps2ltjszqv.jpgWell, this isn't actually done yet but in the process. Hotheads headliner kit.

Rick

P5090002_zps2zkhkrao.jpg

used RTV to seal up the flap over my fuel pump access hole since i had to change out the new pump assembly already.