theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

Hotheads2_zpsewlru6nx.jpgHeres the Hotheads installed.

Rick

hotheads_zpsjb95qtca.jpg

Did some welding for the radiator/radiator support skid. Its basically the same thing Kris did to his except I added a 1" piece on a 90 degree angle. I almost came down hard on this spot last year offroading and I don't want to risk it again. Think I'm gonna through bolt it on either side then weld it for shits and giggles.

Also put a coat of paint on my Posion spyder Dana 30 cover.

20150510_133757.thumb.jpg.c813bb9d88a513e8d818d6948249b3dd.jpg

20150510_134904.thumb.jpg.c9873e6bcd5230805ad8f1e62da7e520.jpg

Replaced the 27 year old alternator, fixed my turn signal problem (would blow the fuse every time you shifted into reverse), replaced frame mounted fuel pump with a newer model in the tank pump.

Replaced the original rear brakes, now have to figure out the soft (excessively long travel) brake pedal.

Replaced the original rear brakes, now have to figure out the soft (excessively long travel) brake pedal.

Sounds like you got air in the lines, have you tried bleeding your brake system?

Sounds like you got air in the lines, have you tried bleeding your brake system?

That is going to be my first try. I'm lazy and try the simple stuff first, but it will have to wait for my next days off.

Just gravity bleed your brakes Austin. Fill the reservoir with brake fluid and crack one valve at a time until you don't see any bubbles, just clear fluid. No need to pump the brakes.

G :cool:

Replaced rear brakes … Drum or disc?

If Drum brakes, also double check to see that you have proper shoe-to-drum clearances set.

Replaced rear brakes … Drum or disc?

If Drum brakes, also double check to see that you have proper shoe-to-drum clearances set.

They are drums. I'll double check the clearances again, the pedal is about the same as before I changed them, so it could be a combination between the clearances and needing to be bled again.

installed rear upper control arms to correct my pinion angle.