theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

nice work Tim - looks like hard work too!

Glad to hear those seats went in without too much hassle and that you can lay down in the back Tim!

Moving right along. Got 5 new BFG 33 inch tires today. UPS man dropped off the seat covers and new carpet. Dashmat will be here in a couple of days. Next up...the lift, I hope!:cool:

Curly

Finaly got working on he WJ again. Front end is now officially done!!

just think, it will never be that clean again after you wheel it for the first time!

It is odd to see everything under the jeep cleaner than the jeep itself.

Very good point Kris. That part always sucks.

Still moving forward on my expedition build of my FSJ. Interior is mostly done now, still have to repair and reinstall the A/C parts under the dash.

I took the rear seat, belts and brackets out for good. The PO had laid some cheap carpet over the rubber subfloor. It looked like this w/o the carpet.

100_5435_zpspr5m1jwy.jpg

Removing the rubber showed the floor to be in excellent shape with no rust at all.

100_5450_zps86wpwttc.jpg

I installed a layer of sound deading, followed by the rubber and topped it with some outdoor carpet from Lowes. I also extended the floor about 12 inches forward to increase the usable storage/sleeping area.

100_5563_zpsc7nywxtb.jpg

Curly

In the front, I removed the seats and then the carpet and factory sound deadner. I was happy to see no rust through here, although I did have some rust starting because the factory cowl drains were clogged. (common on the FSJ's)

Old Carpet

100_5438_zpsg9er4khz.jpg

You can see the rust on the floor right below where the factory floor vent/ drain is located.

100_5449_zpsiihm6ia3.jpg

I installed some new soundproofing on the floor followed by new carpet from BJ's, a FSJ vendor. I then put "new" seats from a Ford Explorer in with new seat covers and a center console from a Chevy Suburban.

100_5569_zpsk4he4rny.jpg

100_5567_zpspkgigxbj.jpg

Finally, I trimmed it out with new floor mats and a steering wheel cover.

100_5571_zpsza391m2l.jpg

Curly