theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

Looks like the thread needs some new activity. I was due for a set of new tires so I watched craigslist for a couple of weeks and ended up with a 5-piece set of wrangler takeoffs (wheels/tires). Ended up with a 1.5 inch increase in height so that's a little plus, just have to remember that my speedometer is off by a couple of mph. It's surprisingly not as loud as I thought it would be compared to my old set of Coopers.

the black wheels just look right on there, and aggressive tires are always a visual improvement (and functional) - looking good man!

ordered a couple aftermarket diff covers. i peeled my rear one back on the Red Creek run, and it's time to change the fluid in both diffs anyway - so seemed like a good time to upgrade!

ordered some 35's and an AEV Procal today!

no-one else tinkering with their junk lately?

Worked on Al's Jeep yesterday. New serpentine belt and thermostat. Cleaned engine bay.

Observation. Why not remove the engine hat on the 3.6? It seems to me it only keeps the heat in. It definitely does not keep the dirt off the top of the engine.

Nice! Are you still running stock Rubicon rims?

Have heard only good things about the Procal, interested to see how it will perform for you

Gave the XJ a good wash and a polish and also drained the transfercase fluid... I was shocked to see that there was only about 1 quart more or less that came out, but no metal shavings luckily. Hoping no major damage has been done, but a rebuild and SYE is on the list so will just have to keep an eye on that

Idler pulley and serpentine belt changed on my LJ.

Ordered new front sway bar bushings. If I don’t disconnect, the bar walks about an inch or so to the left on rough roads until the link contacts the frame rail.

Worked on Al's Jeep yesterday. New serpentine belt and thermostat. Cleaned engine bay.

Observation. Why not remove the engine hat on the 3.6? It seems to me it only keeps the heat in. It definitely does not keep the dirt off the top of the engine.

how easy/quick was the serpentine belt on the 3.6?

the hat keeps the hamster from escaping.

Nice! Are you still running stock Rubicon rims?

Have heard only good things about the Procal, interested to see how it will perform for you

thanks - yup, stock rims with 1.25" spacers. would like some new rims, but would rather spend that money on other things right now!

Nice!

Had to google AEV Procal cuz I'm old skool. Can't wait to see your wrangler on 35's. I vote to keep your stock wheels, they got easter eggs in em!

Been doing some tinkering myself https://offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49822&postcount=468

Yesterday I took Clifford into town on a grocery run and gave him a huge and expensive tank full of gas, the big fatso! ;)