theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

Primary oil is used to lubricate the primary chain on my harley

• Like 1

Not sure, but I think it's related to blinker fluid. 🤣

Prepping Barbie for a Kofa run this weekend.  Checked all under vehicle fluids,  checked steering components and found a worn Track bar.  Oil and filter, air filter.

• Like 1

I also pulled the front D/S and lubed that stupid centering ball.  What a PITA.  At least it's only once a year.

Don't forget to check the A.S.H. receiver

• Haha 1

Trying to do something to 78 CJ5. Ordered new seats and discovered I look like a gorilla driving a VW micro bus. Does anybody have any ideas about what might fix as a replacement??

• Haha 1

Had to replace the heater core in the FSJ today.  Put a new one in 5 yrs ago when I got it.  I spent $$ for the one I got in 2016, this time I cheaped out and bought one from O'Reillys.  It fit..................sort of.  I had to modify the housing and mounting points to make it work.  At least I had real steel to work with, no plastic here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IB_Sarah said:

Installed steel front inner fender liners and 2 Velcro strap grab handles for the rear doors.  Then I did a pretension with my winch rope.  My new license plate finally showed up in the mail today so I installed that as well.  

Jason

Which liner's did you go with? Looking to put in a set also just not sure which to choose

15 minutes ago, IB_Sarah said:

Installed all new LED Halo headlights.

Jason

we need photos of all this stuff - and i think you need to start your very own build thread for them!

6 minutes ago, IB_Sarah said:

My bad, I thought it would be better to post on this thread instead of making a new one. 😟  I'm basically done now, just have new fog lights left to install, they'll be here tomorrow.  There will be a before and after pic posted soon.

Jason

no worries - some people like to do build threads and some don't so they'll just post in this thread once in a while. a build log/thread is just fun to have IMO so you can have a place to look back at how your rig grew up. sometimes they are useful to have as a reference too - like when you forget what brand an accessory you installed was and need to find instructions for it again, or can't remember how long ago you did some maintenance item, etc.

• Like 1