theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

2 hours ago, mbuckner said:

The old P456 code popped two weeks before the TJ needed emissions checked.  In the past years, I have been able to reset the code and get it to pass emission test.  Not this year.  Took it in and got $700 estimate for repair.  The mechanic told me to take it in and get it tested.  After it fails, you go in to the emission office and ask for state financial assistance for the repair.  Filled out some forms, took the TJ and forms back to the mechanic.   The repair is guaranteed by the state.  Net out of pocket was $100.

The state will pay up to $500 to their approved mechanic shops.  This mechanic shop even took the TJ through emissions check for me.

Have a great Thanksgiving. 

wow, that's great!

Went full vandel today and added a ARB snorkel. Not that bad of a job though I had to get creative on a clearance issue with the aftermarket fenders. Put the heat gun to the problem area and applied the right amount of force to reform the fender to the snorkel, when all else fails violence prevails!

IMG_20201205_171825.jpg

IMG_20201205_171810.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Stacey and Scott said:

Went full vandel today and added a ARB snorkel. Not that bad of a job though I had to get creative on a clearance issue with the aftermarket fenders. Put the heat gun to the problem area and applied the right amount of force to reform the fender to the snorkel, when all else fails violence prevails!

IMG_20201205_171825.jpg

IMG_20201205_171810.jpg

did you trying asking the snorkel and fender to work together nicely before you resorted to violence!? maybe if you told them that they "are very special and unique plastic parts" and gave them each a medal for trying to fit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/1/2020 at 5:08 AM, johnpa said:

Thanks to Kris, I purchased a Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 OBDII scanner for Android & iOS to program my jku. It has many settings but I was most interested in the tires size and gear ratio change. Now my odometer and speedo are correct. The cost was only $50. 30 for the scanner, 20 for the app. You can also add more vehicles to the one device.

Kris, I was able to dial in the speedometer by selecting 33 inch tires.

• Like 2

new windshield yesterday - i love the first few days while it's still perfectly crystal clear with no scratches, pits, bugs, or dirt!

ACtC-3eotKR4MkMYkRoxly7DMLyQIDJU5yXeCzig

ACtC-3cavpswxVUkwiWQVHe9nAjplS6KjeFuRAqo

• Like 2

A quick trip down the i17 will break it in for ya. 😁

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Hell, a quick trip ANYWHERE around here will fix that...  😟

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got the mud terrains swapped out! It seems like I'm overworking my engine now that I can hear it.

Edited by reybie
  • Wow 1

I finally removed that little gizmo that is responsible for day time running lights.  I also tried out some of that headlight restoration stuff.  It worked pretty good.

Gizmo.jpg

lights1.jpg

lights4.jpg

• Like 4

Hey @Lichen, tell us what you used on your headlights to remove the haze? @reybie was asking about that on here somewhere the other day. :) 

• Thanks 1