theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

Sorry for delay B7D1F682-FE6A-44CE-B58A-B6DC4D74D054.thumb.jpeg.efd82047ab0ab73b04e6afc351c35380.jpeg

• Like 1

New top looks good!  How do you like it?

Started out an easy day changing the ignition switch ( not the lock cylinder)  in the project Wagoneer, but of course, nothing is ever simple.  Found the Turn signal switch was cracked and going to break soon, so off comes the steering wheel.  I'll be finishing this Job Thanksgiving afternoon.

100_1643.JPG

• Like 5

Nice!

That column looks so familiar.  I spent many, many hours working on those.

How is the tilt joint?   Hopefully still nice and tight.

I took Betty Lou in last week to have another power window regulator/motor replaced. I'm still under warranty and quite frankly do not have the patience to deal with it anyways. 🙂 I also had the power steering fluid flushed & replaced. I am not sure when the last time that was done. Fluids break down over time yada, yada, yada so I figured why not.

I also took her in for an alignment and overall inspection.  Alignment was off so I had that squared away.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jgaz said:

Nice!

That column looks so familiar.  I spent many, many hours working on those.

How is the tilt joint?   Hopefully still nice and tight.

No problem with the tilt joint. I've done plenty of them, so if and when the time comes, I'm ready. :)

• Like 2

Been pushing to get Project Wag done in time for some Holiday wheeling, but I don't think this jeep wants to wheel.   Pulled the intake and exhaust to repair an exhaust leak and replace the freeze plugs.  You can see the temporary one I put in when I first got it running.  Well, that started leaking yesterday, so today I decided to get after it. 100_1659.thumb.JPG.12798739d6b28eba93ec854b208f4c60.JPG

You can see the temporary plug, and if you look closely, you will see 3 small freeze plugs in the cylinder head. Those are getting replaced as well.  

The big surprise was the numerous cracks in the manifold.  Not sure what I am going to do about it, replacements are available.  It doesn't look like they are leaking.

100_1667.thumb.JPG.556a4c3691e0d8a19739076d80237992.JPG100_1668.thumb.JPG.555d693e2abed05fc887feebbf642310.JPG

• Like 2
  • Wow 3