theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

1 hour ago, Stacey and Scott said:

You know I've got plenty more if you want to wrap those primary cables

Ha! 

• Like 1

That compressor install turned out nice!  Where did you get the waterproof circuit breaker?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WILL E said:

That compressor install turned out nice!  Where did you get the waterproof circuit breaker?

Thanks man! The breaker is from big brother undercover:

WOHHOM 120 Amp Circuit Breaker with Manual Reset 12V-36V DC Waterproof Surface Mount for Car Audio Rv Marine Boat Truck Trolling Motors, 30-300A Car Speaker Resettable Fuse https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D39FKVW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_Z13TRYWG83FEC3YJFH0V

• Like 1

Pulled the distributor on the Wagoneer today and took it apart to replace the centrifugal/mechanical advance springs.  I installed a lighter set of springs that will allow full timing advance at a lower RPM.  The pic is a generic photo of the springs.  My first time fooling around with this mod, it did make a difference, but I still need more low end acceleration.  The engine runs amazingly smooth for its age/mileage (~200,000).  The search for power continues.

GT centrifugal advance.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Long Saturday, did not get the gears fully swapped. Ran into a shim issue on the front. But should have one that will get me the backlash I want by Friday.

Did get the fenders and level kit installed and mounted the rims and tires. This week will be the bed rack swap.

IMG_2148[938].jpg

IMG_2150[940].jpg

IMG_2163[942].jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2

2 minutes ago, Cullen McCarthy said:

Long Saturday, did not get the gears fully swapped. Ran into a shim issue on the front. But should have one that will get me the backlash I want by Friday.

Did get the fenders and level kit installed and mounted the rims and tires. This week will be the bed rack swap.

IMG_2148[938].jpg

IMG_2150[940].jpg

IMG_2163[942].jpg

Oh laud that's coming together nicely. Looking good!

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, gold digger said:

Been working on rebuild of THE REAL JEEP 1978 CJ5. It has been a very long project but progress is being made!

image.jpeg

More stuff happening 

D6857696-3D44-40B3-B0DA-0FB79AAEFADA.jpeg

• Like 5