Jump to content
theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

Recommended Posts

On 1/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, LaZorraRoja said:

New booty. 

Don't ask what I did to my old booty. 😢

Just to keep me from being totally happy, I managed to ding the quarter panel putting it on. 

 

I also finished sealing off wind noise areas. I can actually hear my tires now. 

Both areas that I addressed were subtle. First was the gasket around the windshield at the top where it meets the frame. I put a very thin bead of flowable silicone on the edge to seal tiny imperfections in the gasket.

 

Then, behind the little plastic doohickeys behind the side mirrors is a piece of foam that doesn't do squat. I pulled both sides off and gave them a liberal coat of 3M weather strip adhesive and then put them back on. 

It's not a Lexus, but it's much better. 

IMG_20220129_213912_828.jpg

looks good! in my humble opinion there's nothing wrong with quieting down some of the wind and other noises. squeaks, rattles and wind noise drive me bonkers.  I try and eliminate or tame them a little when possible. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shellback91 said:

looks good! in my humble opinion there's nothing wrong with quieting down some of the wind and other noises. squeaks, rattles and wind noise drive me bonkers.  I try and eliminate or tame them a little when possible. 

I have no shame in the quest for a less wind tunnel experience in my big red box!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WILL E said:

That bumper looks good!

Thank you! It sticks out quite a bit more than the factory bumper but it does look pretty good. I think metal will always look better on a truck than plastic anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotated my tires, replaced my onboard compressor steel braided hose, and installed new rock slides from Rockhard 4x4.
It is a never ending build……Just Empty Every Pocket…lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K2man56 said:

Rotated my tires, replaced my onboard compressor steel braided hose, and installed new rock slides from Rockhard 4x4.
It is a never ending build……Just Empty Every Pocket…lol

Which rock slides did you go with?  I have a set from them and they are pretty solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with the Patriot Series Tube slider.

Had to do some minor pinch weld realignment before they would fit but they seem pretty stout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided that nothing short of a rebuild was going to get my Wagoneer moving fast enough to get out of its own way.  I found a deal on a used 4.2 in Yuma, so I went "Home" for the weekend to get it. Bonus: Got to visit with my Nieces and their families.

 

Here is a shot of the engine getting unloaded. My engine hoist is at max lift, I will need another foot or 2 to clear the Wagoneer's engine bay.

IMG_7187.jpg.6148c21dfbe202d9794b9e174addc238.jpg

 

I'm going to check the engine over before installing, although it is supposed to be a good runner.  New oil seals, freeze plugs and a timing chain if needed.

IMG_7189.jpg.aa9f31749ecec07548df7e74b457147e.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This not exactly a mod to my rig but it's for my rig. I built a 4-tire deflate/inflate system. A couple of weeks ago we took my truck and the wife's off road and airing down both trucks with my one-at-a-time deflators took forever. Plus I nearly killed my poor little cheapo air compressor airing up 8 tires with it. Based on air compressor discussions you guys posted on this site I picked up a Smittybilt 2781. I know I will have to cut off the proprietary tire adapter that comes on the new compressor to work with my kit. The pre-built deflate/inflate kits are really expensive so I made my own and it turned out fine in my opinion. Best thing is that it equalizes the pressure in all tires. 

 

20220302_184310.jpg

20220302_184246.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Curly said:

I decided that nothing short of a rebuild was going to get my Wagoneer moving fast enough to get out of its own way.  I found a deal on a used 4.2 in Yuma, so I went "Home" for the weekend to get it. Bonus: Got to visit with my Nieces and their families.

 

Here is a shot of the engine getting unloaded. My engine hoist is at max lift, I will need another foot or 2 to clear the Wagoneer's engine bay.

IMG_7187.jpg.6148c21dfbe202d9794b9e174addc238.jpg

 

I'm going to check the engine over before installing, although it is supposed to be a good runner.  New oil seals, freeze plugs and a timing chain if needed.

IMG_7189.jpg.aa9f31749ecec07548df7e74b457147e.jpg

 

hot damn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of them are getting new batteries today. Creampuff also has a few new heim joints on the way, hope they're here before March Madness. 

 

20220304_110303.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...