Sign in to follow this  
luk4mud

Sedona April 2011

My kids' Spring Break is the first week in April. After a couple of nights in Cal, we are headed to Peach Springs to camp at the bottom of the GC, and then to Sedona.

Maddogjeeper gave me a couple great ideas for campsopts around Sedona. We will be there Wed 4/7 through Sat 4/9.

If anyone wants to join us to camp or run some local trails, that would be great!

Make sure you stop at the lodge in Peach Springs and buy a pass and if you are very hungry, order an indian taco while you are there (and don't refer to it as a Navajo taco). They check pretty regularly on Diamond Creek and will cite you if you don't have the pass. I believe it is per person and around $12 for adults. Not sure on kids. The reservation does like to get their pound of flesh. The drive down to the river is on an easy road but with some washboards. The site is a beaut and certainly worth seeing but be sure to have all you need as there is little there but tables and shelters. You will no doubt see rafters if you are there for any amount of time as it is a very common spot for them to stop.

If you have time while you are down there, you might enjoy a hike up Diamond Creek to the falls. That time of year, it will be a good flow. The hike to the falls is about three miles up the creek. If interested, and want more info let me know.

mkitchen@citlink.net

Mikey

Mikey, I sent you an email.

Thx,

Bruce