Sign in to follow this  
ducksface

perfect bodied fsj of unknown year for sale.

I rescued it from the crusher this weekend and I'm offering it here before it goes on craigslist.

it's a full size automatic, a/c [aftermarket but professionally installed in the dash] 4x4 360 [or 401 I haven't checked] p/s [no pump] powerbrakes [drum] handlock front hubs [one blown the other fine], missing front driveshaft, missing radiator. I THINK it's the 133" wheelbase longbed. Interior is mostly there. The seat needs redone of course, the dash is good to better, and one door panel is perfect, and one is missing.

I cannot find a plate on the door or dash to tell what year the truck is. I am a bit stymied. There is no title but I have a handwritten bill of sale from a well known salvager in the area.

It has a dash key[ it says 'starter' not ignition] instead of a column lock. There is no plate on the dash for the VIN. This all tells me that it is older than 1967, but it has an HEI ignition. It has the alumunum grille, not the Gladiator grille so it must be newer than 64. I haven't official word but I'm told it's a 44 rear and a 35? front.

The body is perfect and all of the stainless steel trim is all but perfect. Since it is two-tone tan and cream, it has the color divider stainless strips. The three piece front chrome bumper is in grand shape, and the big heavy plate rear bumper is in good shape. The bed has had a thick rubber bed sheet on it since it was new and is perfect on the floor and the wheel wells are perfect. Sliding rear window, all glass is good except the winshield. Needless to say but there isn't the slightest hint of more than a patina of rust anywhere on it.

Oil and trans fluid looks better than any of my cars, I'm GUESSING it was parked many years ago due to the blown hub and then slightly cannibalized.

I'll send pics if you email me. I have lots of pics.

It's in mammoth AZ near the 125 mile marker on AZ77 and we can help get it on a trailer for you.

$900 or make me a trade of some sort. I'm pretty easy to get along with, I just couldn't let it get crushed.

If I get can my Jeep listed and sold soon, and this is still available, I may see if we can make a deal. Sounds like a fun project for me, and I have always loved those old rigs. What would you be interested in trade?

guns [i'm not into guns so I'm pretty picky], scuba equipment vintage or new, TIG/stick welding supplies, mill and lathe tooling, AMC Javelin stuff, a locker for a chevy 8.5 and installed, big pieces of wrecked airplanes [don't ask, just provide], cool expeditionary stuff, a roof top tent [maybe], a great and powerfull and awe inspiring rear rack for an s-10 blazer, vintage unopened liquor, not wine, a welding table [semi-picky], welding leads, too much #4-4 wire [for MAJOR extension cord], partial [very] trade for a winch of 8k or bigger, magnetometers, an oztent 30second tent, lasers beyond the the 10mw range, a sonar groundpounder, information on unknown ghost towns/mines, a good WORKING 16mm projector [very partial trade], 59-62 corvette hood, outside front bumpers, seats, 4:56 rear diff and gears for a 64-79 vette, set of front doors for a 98+ s-10, a Ham Radio unit in dual band and or HF, or any combination of these things.