Sign in to follow this  
aimee

Open to ALL: 5/28-5/30 Mogollon Rim Camping, Car Accessible - CANCELED

P1070215.JPG

We are headed to the Rim for Memorial Day Weekend. All are welcome to join. This is car/RV accessible.

Note this is dry/dispersed camping (i.e. "dig a hole"). there are no facilities, just bushes.

Please let us know if you'd like to join. :)

When:

We will head up Saturday Morning and locate a spot on FR300 just off the 87. More details to follow.

EDIT - (Kristoffer) i'll go up friday to get a spot.

Where:

near the intersection of FR300 (Rim Road) and Milk Ranch Point road. approximate map...

from Phoenix, you take 87 to Payson. stay on 87 up past Pine and Strawberry. just after climbing the curvy hill, and passing by the intersection of the 260, you will see a sign for Rim Road / FR 300 on the right. Turn right there, stay right at first Y, stay right at second Y (taking you onto Milk Ranch Point road). We will camp just off that road where cars and RV's can get too.

Attending:

Aimee, theKSmith & Brady

Do you have a particular spot in mind? It's going to be really crowded, but I may be interested.

Do you have a particular spot in mind? It's going to be really crowded, but I may be interested.

updated the first post with approximately where.

i'll actually be going up Friday to try and snake a better spot - the earlier i can get up there, the better spot we'll get.

it is a busy weekend for camping, but we've never had a problem finding something with plenty of room for several families (even if not a site with a perfect view of the rim).

we have to cancel this. i have a very busy work schedule and now also have to deal with several jeep problems.

sorry if anyone was thinking of coming up last minute.

A less crowded weekend in the near future would probably be better anyway.