Trail/Area: Fort Tule night run (North of Lake Pleasant)
Fort Tule is a 6.6 mile easy to moderate spur trail that starts off Cow Creek Road just north of Lake Pleasant.
Our destination is the old Fort Tule home stead. It features an old mining cabin and the grave of the miner’s beloved dog. One noteworthy feature is the fact that the cabin was constructed with tin cans in the walls to save concrete. The trail is generally easy with a few moderate spots (hence the rating). Don't hesitate to ask for a spot if unsure.
We are getting a fairly early start so we may hopefully be able to get to the home stead with some day light left (and I don't like staying up late). FYI even though we will be crossing Big Bug Creek, we will not be stopping by China Dam.
- 4x4 with low range, MT or aggressive AT tires (31"+), skid plates, and recovery points front & rear
- Rig must be road-legal with all necessary safety equipment, current registration & insurance, etc.
- GMRS radio
- flashlight and a backup light source
- Lift with good flex (2"+)
- Over-sized tires (32"+)
- Bring water and snacks for you and your passengers.
- Driver experience with moderate trails and offroading at night
- Meeting location: dirt area on the east side of Castle Hot Springs road, 1/3 mile before the pavement ends Map Here
- Meeting time: Friday, May 13, 2022 at 4:45 PM (depart fueled up and aired down no later than 5:00 PM)
- HAM frequency 146.460 MHz or GMRS 21 (462.700 MHz)
- This run should take 4-5 hours.
- This run is limited to 5 rigs total (including trip leader)
- Here is a good write up: https://azoffroad.net/tule-creek-homestead
- Event is subject to cancellation (e.g. inclement weather, fire closure, etc.)
2. @Trail Toy
GPS track: Fort Tule.gpx