Sign in to follow this  
Don2222222

New Job - Moving

I read somewhere that parts of the Oregon Trail and other emigrant trails (in fact called the emigrant trail system) are open to travel and I think it would be cool to explore them someday. Maybe you should pre-run them for us, Don!

d :rolleyes:

I have heard the same thing.

I plan to do just that, (pre-run) on whatever parts I can find, where travel is allowed.

After I explore some, I'll be posting up what's "runnable" for trails around my area

so folks can plan to visit WY when it's warm.

I met another offroad guy already and hope to explore a little with him.

I'll keep you posted!

:D

I read somewhere that parts of the Oregon Trail and other emigrant trails (in fact called the emigrant trail system) are open to travel and I think it would be cool to explore them someday. Maybe you should pre-run them for us, Don!

d :rolleyes:

I have heard the same thing.

I plan to do just that, (pre-run) on whatever parts I can find, where travel is allowed.

After I explore some, I'll be posting up what's "runnable" for trails around my area

so folks can plan to visit WY when it's warm.

I met another offroad guy already and hope to explore a little with him.

I'll keep you posted!

:D

get your buddy on this site too and start planning adventures up there! we are world-wide!

and that goes for anyone in any location... if you get a few people on here from somewhere and start planning trips for your area - then if you would like us to start a specific sub-forum for you location, just PM me!

Good to hear from you Don, and glad to hear you're enjoying it...

I'd absolutely LOVE the lower population density... Was the reason I moved to Arizona in the first place... But pretty sure these old bones would not be all that keen on the winters... Even if they are mild by Montana standards...:P

Merry Christmas to you and your's...:);)

Will do Kris - Thanks!

get your buddy on this site too and start planning adventures up there! we are world-wide!

and that goes for anyone in any location... if you get a few people on here from somewhere and start planning trips for your area - then if you would like us to start a specific sub-forum for you location, just PM me!

Yep - I do remember the "old" AZ, with Valley National Bank, Yellow Front stores, and Bill Johnson's Big apple being the place to frequent on Friday... and Starlight Stables rodeos on Fridays...

Regarding a move on your part... Probably true OB1 - 'Cause even at my age, I am likely pushing it a bit.

That said though, not bad so far, and it's pretty dry too... heck, the snow doesn't melt, it actually evaporates... (seriously) kinda' weird... so the joints are doing ok... no problem other than the change for colder weather... like goosebumps and cold cheeks (both kind, LOL)

Good to hear from you Don, and glad to hear you're enjoying it...

I'd absolutely LOVE the lower population density... Was the reason I moved to Arizona in the first place... But pretty sure these old bones would not be all that keen on the winters... Even if they are mild by Montana standards...:P

Merry Christmas to you and your's...:);)