Sign in to follow this  
klaykrusher

11/14/2010: Moderate: Back way to Crown King

haven't run this in a few months, someone asked me if it's currently doable in a stock JK? (i would say yes based on last time)

also,

did anyone decide on cookout versus eating at saloon?

fall colors might be good right now!

please make sure whenever we stop that you pull to the side of the trail, this is a heavy traffic area for quads/dirt-bikes, so leave them room to pass.

I would think the stock JK would be fine, I believe all obstacles have bypasses, and I'll be taking a couple of them...just have the basics, tow hooks (front & back), strap, SPARE tire, gumption, kahoonas :eek:, etc. hahahha

I'm up for eating at the Saloon. They did have a chef change. Someone ordered mushrooms on their burger, this chef just put them on cold, didn't cook them. My food was fine though. With that said, I'm gonna pack a couple sandwiches just in case some yahoo decides to block the trail for a bit. That will hold me over till we get up there.

I'd like to check out some of the camping spots also. Didn't get to do that last time.

G&D, you really should break Number 7 out of mothballs and join us...I'm sure he's feelin' pretty neglected by now! Just sayin' :rolleyes:

I'd like to check out some of the camping spots also. Didn't get to do that last time.

G&D, you really should break Number 7 out of mothballs and join us...I'm sure he's feelin' pretty neglected by now! Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Thanks for the sentiment - we're both buried in work, can't do it. Google Horse Thief Basin Campground though, to find out how to get there. It was an awesome place when we were there! d :rolleyes:

I understand about too much on the plate...

I will check out Horsethief like you said.

Dave,

Great shot on the Tarantula. They are so cool. I am not sure I could get my wife to have one in her hand like she does the mantis in the shot previously posted, on the other hand, I am not sure I could put one in my hand either.....

So, I wish I could go on this trip with you guys, I am pretty sure I could make it, but I am getting ready for the deer season here in Wisconsin.

Good luck and keep the clean side up.

Thanks Jack...Quit chasin' Bambi and get out here so we can hit some trails! :D:P

i'm going to meet everyone at humbug dam instead of mcdonalds so i can let mOOse go for a swim if that's ok with everyone. see you all tomorrow!

Scott, that's cool, not exactly sure where to meet though. Never went into the dam.

Bring coats - high of 56* in CK tomorrow

I wore jeans & tee shirt today at the clean up; never got too hot. Just sayin'. You guys have fun, be safe & take LOTS of pictures to post! d :rolleyes: