Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Open to All: 6/25-6/26 MaddogJeeper's Smiley Rock 4x4 Moderate & Camping 2x4 Accessible

I think I may be a friday night camper but I'm not sure yet. I'll confirm as we get closer. If I do I'll leave tucson around noon and shoot to be there around 5. I'm fairly familiar with the area and should be able to find it ok but I'm always up for company

Put me as tentative, will confirm as it gets closer. I will come up Friday and just have to leave in time Sunday to make my softball game by 6:30 in Mesa.

I'm looking to join this, is this an RV accessible spot?

yes indeed! more info here: http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott/recreation/camping-day-use-ohv/potato-patch-cg.shtml

i believe the "trail" we are running is actually a county or forest service road through the wilderness area, but if you have a street legal quad or dirt-bike, you might want to bring that.... Dennis/Diane - how are we running the trail (from camp in reverse and then back on pavement, or back via the trail again)?

Kris, Still not sure. I was thinking of running it from top to bottom staying on the trail, then running from bottom to top staying in the creek bed/dry wash. Some folks may opt to run around the mountain and return via Jerome. I guess we'll see what everyone wants to do when we get to camp.

Looks like I'm in for the friday night camping. I should get to the campground around 5 pm. See everyone there!

Looks like everyone is heading up Friday so we'll meet at the camp ground. If anyone needs help finding camp or needs directions send me a message.

Please add me Bella and my 2 boys to this one.

Thanks

I will be attending this, so put me down for 2 adults and 1 child. Looks like we will be coming up early Sat morning.