dzJeepChic

ScottLs 2001 XJ

Here's Ballistic Fabrication's Dana 30 Truss. George says he likes it b/c it comes unassembled, and he would cut it to fit around the factory control-arm brackets.

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Front-Dana-30-Truss-for-Jeep-XJ_p_1748.html#

Holy Cow. Is this also on our shopping/to do list? d :rolleyes:

not sure yet if "Rusty"'s is worthy but i definitely agree the truss won't hinder articulation.

tested it out playing around at the coves since the weather was so great this weekend.

we were driving around on that lumpy hill near the 1st cove when all of a sudden.. SNAP!!:eek:

anybody still have their factory cherokee rear sway bar for $ale?

not sure yet if "Rusty"'s is worthy but i definitely agree the truss won't hinder articulation.

tested it out playing around at the coves since the weather was so great this weekend.

we were playing around on that lumpy hill near the 1st cove when all of a sudden.. SNAP!!:eek:

anybody still have their factory cherokee rear sway bar for $ale?

anti-swaybars are for street jeeps, not offroad jeeps. especially on a rear-leaf-sprung vehicle, you definitely don't need it.

EDIT: i just remembered you have your Audi! drive that if you want good street handling... ditch that rear swaybar for good baby!

:P

Hey Scott, we don't have one on our XJ. Drive without it for a while and see how it feels. George:cool:

Yes, get rid of the rear sway bar. Not needed. I still run the front though.

EDIT: i just remembered you have your Audi! drive that if you want good street handling... ditch that rear swaybar for good baby!

:P

almost forgot :D. thanks for the advice guys. i'll give it a shot but wanted to mention i'm now hearing popping noises coming from somewhere in the back since removing it. it's not constant but seemingly concerning.. maybe it's all in my head?:bulgy-eyes:

George said i passed "Axle 101" last night.

thanks again x1000 for all your help coach! i'm back on track for Cinders again thanks to your expert tutelage and that spare unit bearing you've been making me carry on the trail since Ouray.

wish i had taken more photos of the teardown/reassembly but it was 110 degrees w/ 90% humidity in my garage last night so no time for fooling around with a camera.

George said i passed "Axle 101" last night.

thanks again x1000 for all your help coach! i'm back on track for Cinders again thanks to your expert tutelage and that spare unit bearing you've been making me carry on the trail since Ouray.

wish i had taken more photos of the teardown/reassembly but it was 110 degrees w/ 90% humidity in my garage last night so no time for fooling around with a camera.

had a sloppy unit bearing eh?

oh yeah.

no signs of fowl play last sunday morning but it really crapped out on me yesterday. as soon as i took it off my axle the bearing immediately exploded spitting out chunks of broken balls all over the floor. more than half the ball bearings were gone.

Scott, my goal is to teach you how to take your whole Jeep apart and put it back together. George:cool::D