theksmith

What did you do to your rig today?

uhhh Cadillac.  Love it.    I like the new accessories too.  Especially that table that attaches to the tail gate. 

• Like 1

I know this sounds small but I have had an issue with dirt and water filling up the bed of my Tacoma (with Toyota Tri-Fold Cover).  Off road is sucks in trail dust - volumes of trail dust.  When Bell Road Toyota installed the cover, they just left the drain tubes floating loose in the bed so it would fill up with water when it rains.

The other day I had to take it off to move furniture so I took it as a chance to install it RIGHT and sealed up some of the leaks and gaps, plumbed the drain tubes out the bed too.  Now it is MUCH improved.  I'd be happy with it like it is now but seeing how much better it already is and how much more I could do, I'll be adding a little more gap-gasket around the tail gate.  Now it's a challenge to see how much I can keep out.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Not really to my rig but for my rig. 

I didn’t like the big clunky key fob so I made my own much smaller version. 

I need to update my build threads because so much has happened. 

Photo Apr 29 2024, 6 57 30 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 29 2024, 6 54 26 PM.jpg

Edited by ChubbyUnicornAZ
converted .heic to .jpg
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

over the last couple months, Gadget developed a mild shimmy when hitting certain bumps while turning.

had tires rotated and balanced to no avail.

i was running about 1/16" of toe-in over a 2ft span (whatever degrees that works out to) - so i tried a little more, but that didn't help either. so i tried a little less, a half turn on my Synergy tie-rod adjuster back from my original starting point, and that seemed to do the trick!

so, anyone else keep crib notes on their workbench? :)

AP1GczPcK9_Sp4orLmsneb-suFKD51FrzGIOsUTC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, theksmith said:

over the last couple months, Gadget developed a mild shimmy when hitting certain bumps while turning.

had tires rotated and balanced to no avail.

i was running about 1/16" of toe-in over a 2ft span (whatever degrees that works out to) - so i tried a little more, but that didn't help either. so i tried a little less, a half turn on my Synergy tie-rod adjuster back from my original starting point, and that seemed to do the trick!

so, anyone else keep crib notes on their workbench? :)

AP1GczPcK9_Sp4orLmsneb-suFKD51FrzGIOsUTC

Not on my workbench but I’ve always used a notebook at work that was kept under the lid of my top box. 

This is a “cheat sheet” I made for aligning MOPAR vehicles with adjustable LCAs.

IMG_4528.thumb.jpeg.216ca94ae65425e5c89a287c737ac0ee.jpeg

I think this was originally made when the Durango (HB) changed models in about 2002.   I struggled with the KJ Jeeps before this.
So much of my alignment experience was with adjustable UCAs starting with my GM dealership days in the 70s and 80s.

Ive also done dozens and dozens of Dodge pickups that had adjustable upper.   I just knew intuitively how moving the front or rear upper bushing was going to change the alignment.

I never seemed to grasp in my head how  movement of the lower affected caster and camber.   
This sheet was under the vehicle with me.  The ovals labeled Front  and Rear represent the LCA bushings.

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 2
  • Love 1